Thanks so so much to Emily @ Rose Read for the tag. She’s awesome and you should check out her blog. Go on, you’ll love it!
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, provided to you by the person who nominated you.
3. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
5. Create a new list of questions for your nominee bloggers to answer.
6. Link the people/blogs that you nominated.
What made you want to start blogging
I had so many thoughts and feelings about books, tv shows and movies. And friends that were getting sick of me talking about books all the time. So I went looking for a community where I could share my love for reading. I found book blogging one day and knew it was something I wanted to do. It was years later and after many failed attempts when I finally thought I had a good thing going.
What have you learned from blogging so far?
It’s not as easy as it looks, there’s a lot of time and energy that goes into blogging. Writing each post, editing that post, talking (or finding) photos and then all the fine tuning that goes into a post. It takes hours sometimes. I never knew it was like that, and I’ve since learnt to put time aside in my week to work solely on my blog.
What is your favourite smell?
It’s a tie between the smell of a wood burning fire in the outback and a freshly opened packet of Tim Tams. I love the both so much.
Do you own any items that represent special memories of yours?
So many! I would have to say all my photos from my Europe trip in 2013. It was my first time travelling overseas, the first time I travelled without any family and I went with my two best friends.
I had been dreaming about that trip my whole life and worked my butt off to be able to afford to go. I made the absolute most out of every moment of those 5 weeks away, and every photo holds a special memory for me.
Milk: chocolate, strawberry, or regular?
If I wasn’t lactose intolerant I’d like to say I’d love chocolate milk. But I’ll never know 😦
Do you like sushi?
Nope. Tried it, don’t like it.
Science fiction or fantasy?
You’re asking me to pick favourites from my two favourite genres. Gah! If I can only pick one, I’d say fantasy. But only by a hair.
Have you ever read the last page of a book first?
Yes, hasn’t everybody?
Have you ever been accidentally/tragically spoiled by someone?
No, thank god! Normally I try to stay on top of things to avoid spoilers and all my friends know to never spoil something for me if they want to live!
What’s your most loathed household chore?
All of them?
Not really, but I do hate doing laundry. Washing clothes, hanging out clothes to dry, ironing clothes, putting them away. I hate the whole process.
Have you ever read a book or watched a movie secretly because it was banned and/or your parents wouldn’t let you?
My parents were pretty good about letting me tell them when I was ready to watch/try new things. My Mum is the kind of parent that believes in letting you try something once, as long as they are nearby if you need them. So I was never really banned from reading or watching anything, thankfully.
- I love music just as much as I love books, but my favourite genre is heavy metal/screamo music
- My younger brother and I look like twins, despite having four years between us
- I’m a complete dog person
- I love TV Shows nearly as much as I love books
- My all time favourite show is Veronica Mars
- The Maine is my all time favourite band
- I believe I belong in Paris and aim to live there one day
- I love travelling and have travelled Australia extensively
- I make up nicknames for all my friends
- I own too many handbags
- And way too many empty notebooks
MY 11 QUESTIONS:
- What keeps you blogging?
- What advice would you offer a newbie blogger?
- What book had the biggest impact on your life?
- Do you read any blogs besides book blogs? If so, offer a recommendation.
- Favourite genre of music? Or favourite bands/artists?
- Chocolate: Milk, Dark, White?
- If you could live in any time period which would you choose?
- Are you a good cook? Any signature dishes?
- Reading books or writing books?
- What would your Patronus be?
- Who is your OTP?